Last Modified: September 4, 2018
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. By submitting personal information to us and/or by using our websites and services, you give your consent that all personal information that you submit may be processed by us in the manner and for the purposes described below. If you do not want us to process your personal information, please do not provide it; however, you may not be able to take advantage of our websites and services or certain features of our websites and services.
1. SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
This Policy applies to all personal information provided to us when you use our websites (www.recargo.com; www.plugincars.com; www.plugshare.com; www.pluginsights.com) and corresponding services and mobile applications. This Policy does not apply to any third party site or service linked to or from our website or services, to our social media channels, or to any site or service recommended or referred to by our websites or services or by our staff. It also does not apply to the third parties who host our social media channels (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest).
2. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
2.1. AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
2.1.1. INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH COOKIES, WEB BEACONS AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We, or service providers on our behalf, may use technologies such as “cookies”, “web beacons,” “tags”, “scripts” and other tracking technologies to automatically collect personal information from you when you use our websites and services. Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your Internet browser, which saves and recognizes your browsing habits. Recargo uses both session cookies (which track a user’s progression during one site visit) and persistent cookies (which track a user over time).
We may also use web beacons to help deliver cookies described above, as well as to count visits, track browser type, identify your IP address, understand usage and marketing campaign effectiveness, recognize certain types of information on your computer, in your e-mail, or on your mobile device, and to identify which e-mails are opened, which links are clicked, and similar information.
2.1.2. DEVICE, NETWORK, GEOLOCATION, AND EV INFORMATION
We collect information from the devices and networks that you use to access our websites and services and from the devices in your EV that sync with our websites and services. When you visit or leave our websites or services by clicking a hyperlink or view a plugin on a third party website, we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came or the one to which you are directed. Also, advertisers receive the URL of the page that you are on when you click on any ad that may appear on our websites and services. We also receive the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer or the proxy server that you use to access the Internet, your computer operating system details, your type of web browser, your mobile device (including your mobile device identifier provided by your mobile device operating system), your mobile operating system (if you are accessing our websites or services using a mobile device), and the name of your ISP or your mobile carrier.
We may also receive geolocation data passed to us from third party services or GPS-enabled devices that you have authorized, which we use to show you local information (for example, a local charging station) on our mobile applications that we provide to you. To opt-out of sharing your location with us, please refer to your device settings.
2.1.3. E-MAIL ADDRESSES
To become a registered user of our websites and services (which is required in order to be able to share reviews, photos and messages with other users), we collect your e-mail address for account management purposes. Whenever our websites or services offer a link to send e-mail messages to the website or service, your e-mail address is collected, so that the website or service may reply to your inquiry.
Because Recargo is constantly innovating and developing ways to improve its services, we may create new ways to collect and use information. We often introduce new features, some of which may result in the collection of new information. Furthermore, new partnerships or corporate acquisitions may result in new features, and these may potentially result in collection of new types of information. In such cases, we will inform our users of these functionalities and partnerships by updating our privacy policies from time to time.
2.2. USER SHARED INFORMATION
In addition to automatically collected information, some of our websites and services ask users to share additional information. We collect user shared information when you visit or use our websites or services, or interact with any advertising on our websites or services. Some of the ways we do this are described below:
- At www.recargo.com, users can access limited features of the website without disclosing their personal information. However, if users choose to contact us regarding Recargo, its operations, or to seek customer support for any of our services, Recargo will collect personal information, including e-mail address and topic of interest information.
- At www.plugincars.com, users can read articles or register to participate in online discussions of the latest electric vehicle news without sharing their personal information. However, if a user chooses to register to participate in the community message board, Recargo will collect the user’s personal information, including e-mail address, zip code or other location information, and any biographical information the user wishes to share with the community.
- At www.plugshare.com, users can browse public charging stations without an account, and users can sign up using only their e-mail and password in order to browse home chargers. Users can choose how much information they wish to display about themselves, and can opt-out anytime. If a user chooses to register to take advantage of the enhanced capabilities of the website, we will collect the user’s personal information, including e-mail address, zip code or other location information, and any biographical information the user wishes to share with the community.
- At www.pluginsights.com, we offer surveys through which users may share with Recargo various types of information about their personal characteristics, preferences, and the interests of the user.
2.3. SERVICE AND SUPPORT INFORMATION
2.4. POLLS AND SURVEYS
Polls and surveys may be conducted by certain of our websites and services, other users, or by third parties on our websites and services. Some third parties may target advertisements or promotions to you based on your answers in the poll. Recargo or third parties develop new programs or products based on the information you share in the surveys. We may use third parties to deliver incentives to you to participate in surveys or polls. If the delivery of incentives requires your contact information, you may be asked to provide personal information to the third party fulfilling the incentive offer, which will be used only for the purpose of delivering the promised incentives and verifying your contact information. It is up to you whether you provide this information, or whether you desire to take advantage of an incentive. Your consent to use any personal information for the purposes set forth in the poll or survey will be explicitly requested by the party conducting it. To opt-out of our polls and surveys, you can send your request to us using the contact information below.
3. HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
Recargo may disclose personal information in the following circumstances:
3.1. BUSINESS PARTNERS AND SUBCONTRACTORS
Recargo shares personal information with business partners and subcontractors, including without limitation, affiliates, vendors, service providers and suppliers. These third parties assist us in our business including maintaining our websites and services, referring customers to us, developing and improving products, facilitating the processing of payments, communicating with you about issues with our websites and services, marketing, and in connection with any contract we have with an individual or entity or to accomplish a legitimate business need. If the business is a vendor or service provider to us, the business is only authorized to use your personal information as necessary to comply with our contractual agreements and not for secondary purposes unless the data has been anonymized.
3.2. THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS PROVIDERS
Recargo shares personal information with third parties who conduct marketing studies and data analytics, including those that provide tools or code which facilitates our review and management of our websites and services, such as Google Analytics or similar software products from other providers. For example, we use Google Analytics to analyze usage of our websites and services. We may also use Google Analytics in conjunction with Google’s advertising services, such as those using the DoubleClick cookie. With this capability, we or Google may link Google Analytics information with information about visits to multiple sites. We may use these tracking technologies to provide tailored advertising and evaluate our marketing efforts. For more information about how Google collects and processes data when you visit websites or use apps that use Google technologies, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps” at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
3.3. BUSINESS TRANSFERS OR BANKRUPTCY
3.4. RESPONSE TO SUBPOENAS OR COURT ORDERS; PROTECTION OF OUR RIGHTS; SAFETY
3.5. PUBLICLY POSTED CONTENT
If you post comments, images, and other content to a public-facing page, that personal information (associated with your account) will be publicly viewable. Such pages can include collaboration information that may be searchable by search engines like Google.
3.6. YOUR CONSENT
We may share some or all of your personal information to any other third party with your affirmative consent.
3.7. ANONYMIZED DATA
Recargo may share personal information that has been anonymized in a manner so that it is no longer considered personal information by applicable laws and regulations.
4. “DO NOT TRACK REQUESTS”
Your Internet browser and mobile device may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites you visit. We do not process “do not track signals.” Our third party service providers may also not respond to “do not track signals.”
5. RECARGO COMMUNICATIONS; PREFERENCES AND OPTING-OUT
5.1. RECARGO COMMUNICATIONS
Recargo may communicate with you using e-mail and other ways available to us regarding our websites and services and corresponding security issues. Our communications may also contain promotional messages and information directly or on behalf of third parties, including information about EVs and EV-related developments. These messages will be sent to you based on your profile information and messaging preferences.
5.2. PREFERENCES AND OPTING-OUT
Our websites and services provide users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving specific types of communications from us. For example, you may change your e-mail and contact preferences at any time by signing into your account and changing your e-mail settings. You can also opt-out of promotional messages by sending a request to Recargo at email@example.com, or by clicking the unsubscribe link on any e-mail marketing communication you receive. Please be aware that you cannot opt-out of receiving certain service messages from Recargo.
6. DEVELOPERS USING RECARGO PLATFORM SERVICES
7. YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS, CORRECT, OR DELETE INFORMATION; RETAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If your relationship is with a customer that is using our websites or services, please direct your request to our customer. If needed, we will assist our customer once they receive your request.
If your relationship is with us directly, you have the right to access your personal information and to correct, amend, or delete such personal information if it is inaccurate. Requests for access, correction, amendment, or deletion should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also access and control some of the information that we collect and process about you by accessing, modifying, correcting, or deleting your personal information controlled by Recargo by going to the “Profile” page on any of our websites or services, which enables you to modify your payment settings and e-mail notification settings. You also choose to close your account.
Upon request, Recargo will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. We will respond to any request to access your personal information within 30 days. It may take us longer if your request is complex or you have made multiple requests, in which case, we will notify you and keep you apprised of our progress. We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you our websites and services or requested information. We will delete your personal information either upon your request or when you ask to close your account. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal and contractual obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes such as personal information necessary to bill you for our websites and services or to pay taxes related to your use of our websites and services. Once you have paid us for a particular website or service, we cannot delete any personal information that is required to maintain and deliver website or service and to comply with all related legal business obligations, unless you cancel your order or close your account.
If you become an inactive customer, or if we close or suspend your account, we will continue to adhere to the then current Policy when we collected your personal information so long as we retain it in our databases. We may delete any or all of your personal information at any time without notice to you for any reason or no reason unless otherwise required by law, regulation, contract or our internal policies to retain it.
We may need to request specific personal information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that your personal information is not disclosed to any person who does not have the right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further personal information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Please note that personal information you have shared with others (for example, through content sharing or comments) or that others have copied may also remain visible after you have closed your account or deleted the information from your own profile. In addition, you may not be able to access, correct, or eliminate certain information about you that other users copied or exported out of our websites or services, because this information may not be in our control.
8. USE BY CHILDREN
You must be at least 16 years old to use our websites and services. All of Recargo’s websites, products and services are directed to people who are at least 16 years old. Our policy is that we do not knowingly directly collect, use, disclose or otherwise process information about you if you are under the age of 16 without verifiable parental consent prior to such processing. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 16 years of age and believe that your child has directly disclosed information to us, then please contact us at email@example.com so that we may delete the child’s information.
9. EUROPEAN UNION PRIVACY
9.1. LAWFUl BASES FOR PROCESSING UNDER GDPR
If the processing of your personal information is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), we will process your personal information in order to support our provision of our websites and services. The lawful bases for processing your personal information may include the following:
- We will process your personal information when it is necessary for us to perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you, including without limitation, when we respond to your requests about entering into a contractual relationship, to help you create an account, to process your requests, or to manage our relationship with you.
- We will process your personal information where needed to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, including without limitation, to manage our relationship with you by providing this Policy and any changes and updates thereto.
- We will process your personal information where necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party’s, and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, including without limitation, to manage our relationship with you, to administer and protect our business and our websites and services, to deliver our websites and services and corresponding content and advertisements to you, to evaluate the effectiveness of our websites and services and corresponding content and advertising, to tailor websites and services and corresponding content and advertising, to use data analytics and other automated processing to evaluate and improve our websites and services, and to make recommendations to you.
- We will process your personal information when we have provided you with notice of processing and obtained your consent in a manner compliant with the requirements set forth in GDPR, including without limitation allowing you to opt-in and opt-out of the marketing of our websites and services to you. You may withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on any consent provided before its withdrawal. When processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person.
9.2. YOUR RIGHTS UNDER GDPR
If the processing of your personal information is subject to the GDPR, you may have some or all of the following rights available to you in respect of your personal information:
- The right to obtain a copy of your personal information together with information about how and on what basis that personal information is processed;
- The right to rectify inaccurate personal information (including the right to have incomplete personal information completed);
- The right to erase your personal information (in limited circumstances, such as where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed);
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information under certain circumstances;
- The right to port your personal information in machine-readable format to a third party (or to you) when we are processing such personal information on the basis of your consent or the performance of a contract with you;
- The right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (where that processing is based on your consent); and
- The right to obtain, or see a copy of the appropriate safeguards under which your personal information is transferred to a third country or international organization.
In addition to the above rights, you may have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to certain processing of your personal information. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority for data protection.
In relation to all of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may request proof of identity, and we reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, especially if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We will endeavor to respond to your request within all applicable timeframes.
9.3. DATA TRANSFERS OUTSIDE THE EEA
Whenever we transfer your information out of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to one of our processors, we will ensure that at least one of the following shall apply: (i) the transfers will be to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information by the European Commission; (ii) we have used specific model contracts approved by the European Commission which are intended to give personal information the same protection it has in Europe; (iii) where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer information to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal information shared between the Europe and the US; or (iv) any alternative transfer mechanism under which GDPR can lawfully support the transfer. Please contact us as provided for in this Policy if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal information out of the EEA.
10. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We may link to third party websites. We are not responsible for the data collection, use practices, policies, or cookie use of the third party sites that you have accessed from our websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our websites or services and to read the privacy policies of each website that collects personal information. This Policy applies solely to personal information collected on or through our website and services.
11. SOCIAL MEDIA
12. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
It is our practice to post any changes we make to this Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you through a notice on the website home page. The date the privacy notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for periodically visiting our website and services and this Policy to check for any changes.
13. CALIFORNIA’S SHINE THE LIGHT LAW
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits any users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge.
14. SECURITY AND RECOURSE
We have implemented security safeguards designed to protect the personal information that you provide in accordance with industry standards. Access to your personal information on our websites and services is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as credit card information) is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and our websites and services. We also offer secure https access to our websites and services. To protect any data you store on our servers, we also regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we use a tier-one secured-access data center. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that e-mails, instant messaging, and similar means of communication with other Recargo users are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means. Please help keep your account safe by using a strong password.
15. CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com or by physical mail at:
2231 Campus Drive
El Segundo, CA 90245